PATRICK HARRY JOHN Full Clean Driving Licence - Within the first three months of my tenure as News and Features Editor at John Brown, I achieved the highest agency reviews score for editorial my
PATRICK HARRY JOHN
Full Clean Driving Licence
- Within the first three months of my tenure as News and Features Editor at John Brown, I achieved the highest agency reviews score for editorial my account has ever had.
- Part of the team responsible for the re-commissioning of BBC Watchdog programme for three years in a row.
- Extensive experience of advising and crisis management on fast turnaround projects.
2013 - Present - Communications and Engagement Manager, NHS
- Responsible for creating and embedding communications and engagement functions into Essex CCGs.
- Responsible for redesigning and creating new and innovative ways to engage with patients and the public
-Digital and social media responsibility
2009 - 2013 - Corporate Communications Manager, Rochford District Council
- Responsible for creating and embedding a communications and PR function into one of the largest local authorities in Essex
- Media management and crisis management
- Digital and social media engagement
June 2008 – March 2009 – News & Features Editor – John Brown
- Managing a team of reporters producing more than 400 spreads a year. Ensuring editorial content is written to the highest standards of factual accuracy, liaising with the client over content and managing the production process from start to finish.
- Responsible for developing editorial content for the publications in the future which involves liaising both internally and externally with teams from the client as well as account managers and designers.
January 2008 – June 2008 – Producer – Westminster Forum Projects
- In charge of a team responsible for producing keynote seminars involving cross-party parliamentary decision-makers.
- Liaising with top level politicians and officials as well as editing correspondence and designing key documents for both corporate clients and politicians.
February 2006 - December 2006 - Advisor - Hardcash Productions
- Advising on various aspects of an investigative programme and producing secret filming of animal rights activists for a 1x90 minute documentary for Hardcash Productions.
February 2006 – January 2008 – Senior Reporter & Deputy Editor - Essex Chronicle Series
- Responsible for overseeing the redesign and production of a daily and weekly section for ten edition series as well as online content.
- Twelve months newsdesk experience producing the biggest newspaper in the region, responsible for maintaining contacts and relationships with several contributors as well as producing longer-term innovative ideas.
August 2005 - January 2006 - Associate Producer, Are We Being Served? Diverse
- Booked and client managed the company taking part in the show about levels of customer service in Britain.
- Scripted and directed sequences for the 1x30min show subsequently commissioned as a major eight-part BBC television series.
February 2002 - March 2005 BBC Television
- I worked in several roles at the BBC, starting as a broadcast journalist at BBC Essex radio before spending two-and-a-half years working on highly-pressured, flagship programmes such as BBC Watchdog, Rogue Traders and other documentaries.
- I also worked in the development department creating formats and ideas, writing and editing pitch documents as well as shooting tasters shown to BBC commissioners.
2001 - 2002 Reporter News Shopper Series. Newsquest South London
2000 Junior Reporter - North London Guardian, Newsquest
Investigative journalism, consumer issues, news writing, news features, interesting features which delve behind the headlines